Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
*** Starting July 1, 2015 our office will no longer be doing CCW (Concealed to Carry) on Fridays.
Carry Concealed Weapons Permit Applications
- Must be at least 21 years of age to apply
- Must be an Iron County resident
- Must take a class from one of Iron County's Approved Instructors
- AFTER you take the class, come to the Sheriff's Office with the following information:
- For your application you will need to bring:
- Certificate of Qualification you receive in class
- $100.00 MONEY ORDER made payable to the Iron County Sheriff's Office
- valid Missouri driver's license
- It may take up to 45 days to process your permit application due to a mandatory criminal records check through the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Upon completion, the sheriff will approve or disapprove your application based on any criminal record or other factors required by law and you will be notified to pick up your permit.
- Fee will be $50.00 MONEY ORDER made payable to the Iron County Sheriff's Office
- you will need to bring your current C.C.W. license
- Missouri will honor your out of state CCW until it expires. At which time you will either need to renew your CCW in the state it was issued or take a Missouri CCW training course
- For every month up to 6 months there will be a $10.00 late fee.
- After 6 months of expiration the C.C.W holder will need to reapply.
- C.C.W holders are responsible for renewing their permits, Iron County Sheriff’s Office only notifies holder after 6 months expiration.
Change of Name
If a person changes their name they must notify the Sheriff within 30 days, and obtain a corrected permit from the sheriff who issued the original permit.
Holder must have proof of name change, current permit, and a $10.00 MONEY ORDER.
- Certificate of Qualification from one of Iron County's Approved Instructors
- Retirement credentials for commissioned officers
- Letter from police agency stating that you are a commissioned officer with their agency so long as the Sheriff of Iron County approves it.